Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you
2) Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading)
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them (This is only a game)
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up
Here are six random things about myself:
- When I was younger, I was so scared of whales, I wouldn't take bubble baths (thought there might be a whale under those bubbles!). Needless to say, Monstro at Disneyland was a highly traumatic thing for me to see as a kid.
- My favorite favorite thing to do in the world is cook really great food -- yet I'm about as picky as they come. HATE lamb, sushi, goat's cheese and cooked spinach (I'm fine with lightly wilted spinach and LOVE raw spinach).
- I grew up in a very small town in the high desert in the Eastern Sierra Nevadas. Although I don't miss that searing dry heat for one second, I miss and think about the mountains and clean air almost every day, even though I haven't lived there for 30 years now...
- A year + ago (pre Phydeaux Designs), my "early retirement" plan was to be a pastry chef and open a bakery, creating old school delights in a fresh modern style. And write novels.
- I met Ray Bradbury, my favorite all time author, in 9th grade! He spoke to a group of kids at my high school. I'll never forget it. He's always been an inspiration to me.
- And I met Kurt Vonnegut, one of my other favorite all time authors, about 15+ years ago! I, who NEVER stand in lines, stood in line at Printer's Ink in Palo Alto for hours to meet him at a book signing. His body guard (yeah, really) wouldn't let people do more than shake his hand and maybe get two words out. So I shook his hand and said something along the lines of "thank you and this is an honor." At least I have the book with his signature to prove it happened!
Off the hook hats (seriously cute crocheted caps -- thanks for the tag!)
Kris (of course, but also the most talented person I know!)
Rich (also of course, also the most talented person I know, and sushi chef extraordinaire!)
Heather (fellow foodee and super crafter!)
Becca (incredible knitware designer!)
Lauren (phenomenal jewelry designer and bead seller!)
Enjoy this holiday Monday!