Wednesday, November 26, 2008

T minus ....





It's ironic.

I worked in retail for YEARS and wanted out so badly, because ... I hated working the day after Thanksgiving. Hated it! No one gets it the day off! The shoppers are obsessed, militant, slightly crazed!

Then I worked in healthcare for YEARS and so desperately wanted to enjoy the holidays and not always have to work them (since my family lives a four hour car drive away!).

Then I was finishing up my degree and spent Thanksgivings working on final papers.

And now?





I own my own business and am excited about "Black Friday," the biggest shopping day of the year, and can't wait for you all to see what I have up my sleeve!

At least I get to wear sweats while I work like crazy all day.

I'm going to start loading the shop with new goodies now, because I really hate it when someone lists three pages of new or renewed items, burying everyone else's, but I'll be doing major loading just after midnight Thursday.

What's coming up? Well, you'll have to check that out! But, you can count on:
The girls and I will be working very hard between now and Thursday midnight to prepare (I wish I could train them to wrap vs. unwrap, and tie ribbons vs. shred ribbons ....). This is Phydeaux's first holiday season, and in January, I'll be sharing all of my lessons learned (I know there will be many many many).

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I'll share with you my new butternut squash lasagna recipe tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Brenda...good luck on Friday! I'm very excited to see what you are up to! :) I'm also so happy for you that you are now looking forward to Friday!

All the best!