Monday, August 03, 2009

10 of my favorite things when I was little






















  1. Christmas lights
  2. The smell of Autumn in the air
  3. Goodnight kisses from mom and dad, with "sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite"
  4. Kitty snuggles
  5. Sunday evenings, fresh from a bubble bath, watching The Wonderful World of Disney
  6. Reading
  7. Drawing or painting
  8. My dad's stories about his own childhood, as well as his tall tales - both are wonderful
  9. Playing with my cousins
  10. Thanksgiving and Christmas huge family dinners, with all of us kids at our own table
These are still some of my favorite things. I miss the huge family dinners - my grandparents are gone and uncles, aunts, cousins, parents and brother live all over the map. But I love that a simple, faded photo can bring back so many wonderful memories filled with love and laughter.

What were some of your favorite things when you were little?

2 comments:

wzgirl said...

Hey! Look! Its a wee Phydeaux! Cute!!!!!!

lyptis said...

Aah, thats sweet!
Such simple things that bring so much pleasure! Simple things, but we rarely take the time to still do them when we grow older..