Friday, August 07, 2009

Day eight



Eighth day of the plague.

The good news is, today is the first day that I don't feel worse than the day before. I'm going to take that and run with it.

The less good news is, I feel like I was continually run over by a train for eight days, with a throat and vocal cords permanently damaged by such severe coughing that would make the Inquisition jealous that they didn't come up with that idea first for their victims. (Wow, that sounded a bit Black Adder-ish, didn't it?)

Since I'm talking plague, inquisition and Black Adder, I had to include a Monty Python sketch about the Inquisition. :)

Ironically, my "vacation" starts tomorrow. Doesn't pack the same punch when you haven't been to work in over a week. I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll be feeling like semi-normal by Monday, so that I can actually accomplish something over vacation.

Today's my first day out of the sick room for several days (I'm SO sick of being in bed!). That alone is a great sign. Poor Fiona was elated to see me on the couch this morning (the couch is her domain - the bed is Molly's), giving me lots of hugs and kisses (I hope she doesn't get sick!). Molly was pretty annoyed. She's sleeping off the mayhem she's been creating, thank the stars.

Since I haven't been knitting - not wanting to share germs - I've been doing other things not requiring huge amounts of concentration (reading wasn't working for me - just kept reading the same page over and over). Well, not requiring concentration, per se, but definitely requiring introspection and hard questions. Like "what do I want to be when I grow up" types of questions (after all, will I ever grow up?). Nothing to share yet, but definitely a worthwhile exercise, particularly with the aid of multiple cold symptom remedies. :)

I'm looking around my house and now dreading next week ... what a wreck! I foresee a full day of massive cleaning. Well, if a cold is your body's way to clean house, then it follows that a literal cleaning of house is in order. Sigh.

1 comment:

Lynn Lunger said...

(((Hugs)))!

I hate being sick, and it sounds like you really got hit with a doozy! Sorry to find out so late... I would have sent virtual chicken soup. :^)

Glad to hear that you're on the mend, and I hope you're feeling much, much better soon!