I'm pleasantly surprised to learn the following:
- Exercise is addictive! Regardless of how crummy I feel, I am so ready for my daily walk!
- Walking with a friend makes it not feel like exercise at all. We have had such a great time catching up.
- I'm now able to wear walking shorts and leggings that didn't fit a month ago!
- Walking isn't just great for your legs (and my legs are looking better every day) - my arms are also getting a nice workout.
- I'm having less knee pain now (the first week was hard on my knees, but they feel SO much better).
- My blood pressure has dropped a bit (yay!).
- And my blood sugar levels are lower, but I'm also avoiding sugar, so it's hard to tell which has the larger impact.
It's SO cold this week in the Bay Area, but I'm bundling up and walking anyway. And, best of all, fingerless mittens are so great for walking! Gloves are too hot once we get going, but fingerless mittens are just right.
I'm weighing in tomorrow - let's hope I'm down two more lbs - I was at 13 lbs last Friday!
How do you all keep in shape during the Winter? Walking? The gym? Other?