So the reality, in a nutshell, is this:
- I totally miscalculated what to stock up on.
- The real time feedback, even just watching and analyzing what people gravitated to and what they passed over, was absolutely invaluable.
- My credit card imprinter refused to work after the first credit card - so I just went old skool and wrote out credit card slips.
- Candy definitely brings traffic into your booth ... and a lot of that traffic immediately leaves after getting their free tootsie pop.
- If you have three hours pre-show to set up - use them! I was there before 8 on day one and minutes after 8 on day two. I was never freaked out about set up or felt short of time.
- I had ordered a banner for my booth - but it didn't arrive. Sigh.
- I forgot most of my props at home. On BOTH days. Sigh.
- Your most comfortable shoes may not be enough for 12 hours on your feet, on concrete. Mine weren't!