Thursday, January 21, 2010

Something teal



Teal is one of my very favorite colors (as you can tell if you take a peak in my shop!).  I also love that it's considered a universal color to wear - that Pantone color 19-4227 looks great on any one.

I've been on the lookout for a vegan option for some of my chunky cowls, so was delighted to find a 100% acrylic super bulky yarn in ... teal!  I was doubly delighted to find the perfect buttons immediately in my existing vintage button stash.  I just love this fat, pale pale turquoise buttons!

I knit this vegan teal cowl using my very own Phydeaux Twist Cowl pattern.  Because this delicious yarn is so bulky, it ended up longer and slightly wider, which was fine by me!  More colors will follow.

Stay warm and dry today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

brenda, that color is stunning!

Ngan {eNVe Designs} said...

teal is one of my favs ever! and i love this chunky knit! off to heart it right now. :)

Cottage In The Sun said...

I love that color, too! And I love super fluffy yarn!

Brenda said...

Thank you ladies! I snatched up a few more skeins in this color - I love it!!!