Sunday, March 07, 2010

New yarn!















I'm done with craft shows/knitting marketplaces/etc. (I say this as I'm looking at the dates for Renegade in San Fran and the Stitches Midwest marketplace)!

I had the most wonderful 12 hours of sleep last night.  I'm stretched out under my favorite fleece blankie on the sofa today.  Knitting ... get this ... something I didn't design!



















This is just the very beginning of a super popular pattern, the Citron Shawl (available free through Knitty).  I know it's not much to look at yet, but I fell in love with this at Stitches West.  Lisa (Wabi Sabi Yarns) had a Citron Shawlette knit up using her gorgeous lush lace.  I'm knitting it using her Mango lush lace with gorgeous buttery yellow with pale yellows, pale creamy oranges, hints of golden yellow.  The shifts in color are so subtle - really lovely.  1300 yards of merino wool/silk!  Pure heaven!

I did treat myself to more yarn at Stitches ...
















I now have several skeins of gorgeousness from Lisa (Wabi Sabi Yarn), like this beauty, in greens and blues and teals, named "Neptune."  Sigh.  I'm going to try my Dappled Lace Neckwarmer with this!

















And, from another one of my favorite indie yarn dyers (Wool Candy!), I have this decadent-looking sportweight merino wool in beautifully variegated neutrals, called "ice cream" (perfect name!).
















I absolute loooove Wool Candy's incredible sock yarn in gorgeous chartreuses, golden greens, pale olives and sagey greens.  Sigh.  

I have even more yarn this this (yes, I am weak), but that's all for today!  I hope you all have relaxing and/or fun Sundays!

6 comments:

wzgirl said...

Ooooo! Yarn Envy!

Allison Cecil said...

Have fun today!!! You deserve it.

Cotton Yarn said...

its really very nice post. thanks for sharing us.

Angelina Fong Designs said...

Gorgeous yarns! That green/blue/teal one is especially lovely!

Brenda said...

Thanks, all! Isn't this yarn yummy? And I have EVEN MORE (oops, sorry, I get excited over fiber ....)

:D

June Shin said...

OMG all that yarn looks soooo yummy! I just destashed, and looking at these pics makes me want to buy more yarn!