Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy endings

Sooo, spent several hours today getting ready for, driving to, and not finding parking for the Maker Faire in San Mateo.

Booo!

This is such a fun fair, made all the more fun knowing that my besties of bests, Kris and Rich, were waiting inside for me.

:(

I gave up after a couple of hours of frustration.

On the way home, I was suddenly obsessed with a remnant of melody and drumline from a forgotten song while listening to something from James Brown on the radio.

Does that ever happen to you?

These obsessions can last months and months for me, remembering another shred of melody or a word. If I'm lucky, a phrase will pop into my noggin, and off to Google I go.

I worried this one like a sore tooth all the way home, through a stop at the store, and as I backed my car out of the parking lot, it hit me. I knew exactly where to find it on my ipod. And once I reached home, I did.

Robert Plant and Allison Krauss.

I give you a happy ending to an otherwise frustrating day:

No comments: