Monday, December 13, 2010

Thinking ahead even in the midst of holiday madness

fleur hand knit cowl
This time of year, my life (as is yours!) is all about:  knitting, packaging, shipping.  Daily post office drop offs.  Knit, knit, knit.  Make another batch of buttons:  stamp, cut, bake, paint, bake, sand, sand, sand, sand, glaze, glaze, glaze, buff, buff, buff.  :)  Today, I realized this is what it's like to be one of Santa's elves.  Isn't that every child's dream?  Not such a bad thing to be!

soft turquoise and aqua hand knit mitts
But I also have lots of new goodies to share (and more yet to photograph and list).  AND, as anyone who works in a retail-related field knows, even amidst one busy season, you have to already be working on the next season.  So you'll start seeing more Winter and Spring colors, less holiday colors, even this week.

sprig hand knit cowl
I'm really excited about brand new creations you'll see in January and February.  I'm super excited about building out my home decor and art lines.  I can't wait to get back into the dye pots and dye my own yarn for mitts and maybe even to sell.  And ... to finally have time to spin my own yarn (yay!).

tillandsia (air plant) and handcrafted polymer dish
What about you?  What are you looking forward to finally spending time doing after the holidays are over?

5 comments:

Lara said...

You sound organized, Brenda. Good for you!

I'm lightening my workload in 2011 so I have at least five hours a week to work on, design, or promote new items. If we aren't planning ahead, we're falling behind, right?

andrea creates said...

i'm looking forward to finally spending some time on myself,lol! I'll be knitting up some things just for me :)
Love your cowls!

Brenda said...

Brilliant, Lara! We need to carve out that time - being in constant production mode wears me down. :)

Good for you, Andrea! I need to spend some time on me, too. :) And thank you so much for your kind words! xo

Sharon said...

Good golly, I'll need to finally do my bookkeeping! LOL

Brenda said...

Haha, me too, Sharon! Here we manage finance for a living, but need vacation time to manage our own books. :)