Sunday, November 20, 2005

Pre Turkey Day Weekend




Yea for the holidays!!! University classes are on holiday, so we can catch up at work. We're going to send staff home with freeby time off at noon on Wednesday (a few might go kicking and screaming -- we have a GREAT staff now). I'm heading up to Mom and Dad's on Thursday morning, coming back Friday morning, so I don't have to worry about cat sitters.

GREAT weekend so far. I'm about 2/3 done with laundry (every towel needed washing). I went to Whole Foods first thing (for me) in the a.m. yesterday and JUST beat the Tday shopping rush. Got me an organic freerange turkey, which is in the oven right now. If only smell-o-vision worked. YUM. Stuffed it with a bread stuffing with dried cranberries, raisins, fennel, celery, onion, diced yam. Still have a big bowl full of stuffing, so I'll bake that with chicken stock and pine nuts. I love me turkey and stuffing. Mom was pretty upset yesterday that I got myself a turkey, but I always roast my own, then go up there for more, and even bring some back. I can't eat enough turkey, and will have a bunch to freeze.

As you can see, the kitties are very happy today. They were ecstatic yesterday, bringing me toy after toy. Fiona just curled up on my chest, and Molly tried to fit there too (I'm not THAT well endowed), then curled up on my feet, and is now looking at bugs or birds or who knows what outside.

Have the Food Network on -- love watching cooking shows on Sundays -- have some work to do, and doing it on the couch with kitties and turkey roasting in the background is the only way to go.

Yesterday, picked up DAGOBA chocolate bars -- OMG. One is dark chocolate, lavender and blueberries. That's it! No other ingredients. Organic, to boot. I can't describe the flavor, it's so unique, and so concentrated that a few slivers is enough. The other has lime and macacamia nuts, can't wait to try it!

Also plan to Christmas shop today . . . online. Only way to go. I'm already WAY ahead of the game--for me--picked up Mom's main gifts last weekend, and a few stocking stuffers. I don't think I'm doing cards this year, though maybe I should. Maybe a picture of my kitties and the usual hokie newsletter, but maybe with a twist. I dunno.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: