Saturday, January 07, 2006

Happy 2006!

I am not only a college graduate, but my degree has been posted. In other words, it's official!

I'm still under the weather -- going to my doctor on Monday -- my cold might have settled in my sinuses. We'll see what she has to say.

I was SOOOO sick of orange juice, cough drops, cough syrup -- all MASSIVE forms of sugar -- that I swore off sugar at Christmas, which my folks can vouch for. I've eaten very little since, got myself a couple of South Beach cookbooks,8-10 lbs later and really not missing sugar at all, I'm a happier and healthier camper. Hope it sticks.

Just finished listening to Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, which I can't recommend highly enough. 25 CD's! It takes some commitment to stick to it (3 weeks for me!), but it's an astonishing book.

I'm very happily NOT going right back to school Instead, I'll just work my usual crazy workweeks and not go to school/study/complete assignments until Fall or Spring. Then I'll go back for the next round: my master's degree.

I was absolutely thrilled today to find a cat toy that is a self-oscillating laser (reflected by mirror, no worry about kitties getting a laser directly in the eye). More thrilled, though, are my kitties, who are both wiped right now after an afternoon of wigging out.

Unfortunately, I've got some major work projects and deadlines to work on, so more later.

No comments: