Monday, August 28, 2006

Good food day

In my quest for 80 less pounds, I thought I'd start sharing food ideas.

I just enjoyed a GREAT salad of mixed greens/herbs + red grapes + turkey breast (no skin, roasted it myself!) and a dressing I made up of orange vinegar + olive oil and a touch of orange marmalade and nutmeg. Plus a slice of my homemade whole wheat bread. GOOD dinner.

Lunch = arugula and spinach, london broil, and tabbouleh. Double yum.

Um, breakfast . . . I learned that my carl's jr breakfast burrito = 550 calories + 39 or something equally ridiculous grams of fat. I am now cured of that lazy breakfast habit. Back to the good stuff tomorrow!

After several days of unhappy tummy, I now have a surprisingly happy tummy. Probably from the reduction in sugar and processed foods, and getting used to the fiber and good for you foods. Also drinking LOTS of water.

Big push at work to prepare for a conference this week, and another conference in three weeks. Fingers crossed! We have excellent staff working on these, so I'm not too worried.

And just enjoying this nice cool August weather! I'm sure we'll pay for it with another heat wave!

No comments: