Saturday, November 11, 2006

Convalescing and the final push

So, while I wait for trial version of Adobe Acrobat 8.0 to install, thought I'd post an update.

This was the Week of the Toe. Ingrown toenail. Infection. Neuropathy + diabetes. None are good combos. Finally got into podiatry on Thursday. Digital block. Declined to watch (eesh). Heard the clip clip, felt the yank yank. I'm not missing as much toenail as I thought, but there is a chunk missing, it's healing niceley, and I'm letting my toe breath for the first time in nearly a week with just a bandaid (vs. my very nice dressings).

Just watched the Wizard of Oz for the eleventy billionth time. I think it might just be my favorite all time movie -- it never gets old (might if I watched it 10 times in a row, though), and it stands up to the test of time. And I always get misty at the end.

I've downloaded a gazillion articles tonight for my 10-15 page "term" paper on culture and organizational learning and my 20-minute presentation on the same. (yay.) Next Saturday = 1 6-8 pg paper + the 20-minute presentation. Then ONE more class this semester! With 10-15 pg paper, an in class case analysis, another 6-8 pg paper, and God knows what else. I don't. I'm in denial. Didn't have time to do reading or writing this week between work and doctor's appts for my darn toe. Too tired last night. Just started work this evening. I'm taking Friday afternoon off for last minute cramming and hope to take another day off this week to write. I'll be writing every night, too. FUN. I'm fantasizing about dropping out, but don't have the kind of cashola laying around that I'd need to cough up tuition. Mom and I agreed to both be OK about my not coming home for Thanksgiving -- I need the four-day weekend to write, and she has her own health issues to contend with. We'll have Thanskgiving dinner (my FAVORITE meal of the year) at Christmas. I've started Christmas shopping this week online -- goal is to be finished by first of December, 100% online (love this newfangled internet thing).

I hate to admit this out loud, but turned on the Dukes of Hazzard remake for a few minutes while typing this, and am now turning it off because -- SHOCK -- it's so bad. It's gone now. No worries.

OK, back to work, acrobat's installed and I can create PDF's from online journal articles.

No comments: