Thursday, August 02, 2007

...ready to go home...

So spent my today's afternoon study time with a VERY unhappy tum. I'll probably order in some soup for dinner, vs. even look at the palatial spread that's my classmates are enjoying downstairs right now. Don't know if this is a bug, or just too rich a diet (though I thought I was eating pretty darn healthy), or what. It might be a bug, which worries me, since I do have to be on a plane for 5 hours on Saturday. Kinda foggy, really achy, a bit dizzy, plus the other fun things that go along with a GI bug.

ARGH.

So, extra study time tonight pour moi. I hope to hit the hay by 10:30. I did that last night, was out instantly, and got another 30 minutes studying in at 5:30 am.

Did I mention this is intense?

I have a case to present tomorrow (just to my small group, thank the good Lord), and very wisely and serendipitously chose a change management case. Exactly the stuff I'm going through at work right now -- I'll have lots of real life examples to pull from for discussion!

Hope all is well where it's cooler and drier. I just checked home vs. Cambridge, and find it hard to believe that home is 50% humidity vs. 41% humidity here -- it's like a sauna outside today -- I lasted less than a minute, and headed right back in.

I have realized, through this trip, that four days is my max for business trips. Three days is better. And that as much as I always wanted to travel when I was younger (but too poor to do so), I'm not that keen on it now. And I'm OK with that. I miss my backyard, with my squirrels and birds. I definitely miss my fuzzies -- who are probably just plain mad at me about now. There's something to be said for your own fridge. And, most importantly, your own bed, particularly when all you want is your mommie when you feel like I do now!

Here's to more brain cells and happier tummy tomorrow! Still embracing the experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the bug, take care of yourself (amodiam sp?)and best of luck tomorrow's presentation. K