Sunday, May 04, 2008

Now on to something completely different

No sad laments in this post! Just pix of a quiet Sunday!

New scarf (Wild Irises) knit with beeskneesknitting's incredible wool! Look at the colors! It's so soft and poofy. I encourage you to check out her Etsy shop -- her colorways are so rich and vibrant. The story behind this scarf's name, other than the obvious (color) is that I loved the wild irises that abounded in the fields and meadows where I grew up (Bishop, in the high desert of the Sierras). (btw, the wild iris photo is EXACTLY what I used to see, with Mount Humphreys and Tom in the background, both of which I saw every single day regardless of what part of town I was in - photo by Galen Rowell who I met several times at the home of my best friend, who's Mom was a very talented painter and potter, and stepfather was a well known mountaineer and guide).

Then I have Crema Arancione (Orange Cream), a scarf/wrap.

Yeah, I could have called it "orange cream," but doesn't Crema Arancione have a certain "je ne sais quoi?" Certainly sounds more chic to me! It's incredibly soft. I used Filatura di Crosa's Love, a wool/mohair/synthetic blend. Love this yarn. If I ever work down my shamefully huge stock of yarn, I'll indulge in some more.

Can't believe the weekend's over. I made a delish farro salad today, and also poached salmon (YUM) and tossed grilled asparagus, blanched fava beans, lemon zest and juice, garlic evoo, and meyer lemon olive oil. TO die for. I'll eat well this week!

:)

3 comments:

Martha Hughes said...

Those scarves are beautiful. I'm especially fond of the orange one.

Brenda said...

Thank you!!! I love the orange one too, very very soft. :)

temptressyarn said...

I love the wild irises scarf (and pretty much all of your scarves!), and frequently drool over beesknees yarns. Your photos are always great too.