Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009!!!















Wow. In 1979, I was listening to the Bee Gees and Andy Gibb during high school (I'm not too proud to admit this!). In 1989, I was hanging at Grateful Dead shows (oh, the stories I'm not going to tell ...). In 1999, I was going to school, working at the University in my fairly new job at the time, and preparing for the dreaded Y2K bug (seems like SO long ago!). What will 2009 bring???



















I hope 2009 brings health, love, happiness, laughter and fun to all of us. And a sudden burning desire to buy truckloads of handknit scarves. :)

We do have a WINNER for my gift certificate giveaway! Marigold's name was chosen via random number generation. I've emailed her and we'll give her a couple of days to confirm. If she doesn't, then I'll go to #2 on the random # list.

What great ideas and feedback you all shared! I love focus groups, so this was perfect. Thank you all!















Ideas I have in the works for 2009 include fingerless gloves/mitts (I need them for myself!) and maaaaybe hats (definitely for next Fall/Winter). I had planned to create some limited children's items, but with the dreaded CPSIA, I'm going to have to pass. We'll see how everything works out. I definitely want/plan to create more men's items, particularly gators (really close knit "cowls" that we first used for skiing, but now they're used for all sorts of things, including just staying warm!).

Well, back to work for me! Well, honestly, I may need to take a nap before work. My swing music is putting me to sleep, and that might not be a bad thing to do on the first day of a brand new year.

Last: I've updated the shop with several new scarves and more are on the way!

8 comments:

Crickets Creations: Handcrafted Fashion Accessory Scarves and Fringies Professional Photo Portrait Props said...

B-b-b-b-but, Brenda, swing music is supposed to liven you UP, not put you to sleep! :)

Happy New Year, friend, I'm looking forward to many more chats in 2009!
Celeste (Crickets)

June Shin said...

Happy New Year, Brenda! I love fingerless gloves and can't wait to see your new stuff!

Brenda said...

I know Celeste! Man, I was seriously tired. My "little nap" turned out to be three hours. :) Now I can get to work again.

Anonymous said...

Brenda! It sounds like you have so much exciting things to accomplish in 2009! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Happy new 2009, Brenda!! I kept trying to think of something new and original for you, but I just came up blank. The only idea I *did* have was knitted slippers. But that's probably too complicated with sizing, so I never posted it. But I was thinking for you...just so you know.

I love the fingerless gloves/hats ideas.

I noticed your 2009 list and share two things with you...weekly tutorials and more local eating. I should do everything you listed, but I know I won't!! :-)

Looking forward to more knitty goodness in 2009~

Lisa said...

Hello Brenda just found your blog through etsy, i love your creations, wish i could knit, but i stick with crochet. I actually had a question for you, where did you find your dress form? i've been looking for one for my bedroom and i love the glass knob detail on yours!!

Thanks In Advance
Happy New Year
lisa

Dennice {Fringe} said...

happy happy new year, dear friend! i wish you the best of everything in 2009.

it was fun strolling down memory lane with you :). all that music, too funny.

your creative plans for the new year sound fabulous. your shop looks spectacular! i know you will have continued success with your beautiful creations.

xo

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa!

Shoot me an email at brenda at phydeauxdesigns dot com

:) Brenda