Thursday, October 15, 2009

Serendipity, karma or plain dumb luck
















I've been go go going all day! Cut off a bunch of my hair this morning (now I have to make it pretty). Working on my very own website (and I'm pretty happy with it so far - stay tuned!). And had a GREAT trip to my very favorite local yarn shop, the Bobbin's Nest Studio!

Erin, the owner of Bobbin's Nest, is so great. It's always a pleasant surprise to be remembered when I walk through the door. :) I was hoping to pick up a few new things for knitting the fingerless mittens and gloves I'm experimenting with, maybe another bottle of Soak in Celebrate (the cleaning/blocking solution I use for my knitting ... smells soooo good), and pick up some more double point needles. I walked out with all of that, plus a new Soak scent that is to die for (yay!), new yarn in gooorgeous colorways by Wool Candy (sigh), a great book that I'll talk about tomorrow, and a plethora of incredible and invaluable business-related info and advice from Erin (thank you!!!).

So, I came home with a couple of the most gorgeous, non-pooling/non-striping yarns I've seen, from Wool Candy, which is located right here in the South San Francisco Bay Area. But what was really funny is that halfway through trying to not drool over the pretty wool, I realized I have a skein of Wool Candy at home. Which I picked up at Stitches West earlier this year. And that they sell on Etsy, too! Amazing. I can't wait to start knitting with this (the photo above isn't what I brought home, but I'll share pictures when I start working with it!)!

Very fruitful trip: invaluable information that I'm already acting on, a fantastic new Soak scent, a really great book, beautiful new yarns from a fellow Etsian, as well as the fact that it's great to hang out with Erin. :)

Hope you all have a great Friday!

No comments: