Thursday, May 20, 2010

A few new things



My big fat huge shop update has turned into an update over the course of a couple of weeks. I'm updating each of my shops with a few new goodies a day. Yesterday was a hand knit fingerless mittens update to my main Phydeaux shop on Etsy!

My favorite pair from this update are the blushie coral cheques mitts! I love this color so much - and have a lot of it in my closet to prove it! I actually dyed the merino wool/silk blend yarn myself, with layers of peach, orange, coral, pink, rose, fuschia to create glazes of peach and coral and apricot. I love the super subtle variegation and how color shifts depending on the light. And the silk gives this a wonderful sheen - almost ethereal!

I have more colors coming this week in my cheques fingerless mittens, several of which I dyed myself (washes of pale blue - heavenly! and think midori melon for another - delicious bright greens!)!

No comments: