Friday, June 11, 2010

Rustic elegance: Phydeaux Designs + Anthropologie + Eddie Bauer


Believe it or not, until this last Thursday, I'd never set foot inside of an Anthropologie store.  Pretty funny, considering how much I l-o-v-e perusing the website!

I made a special trip to visit a real live shop (Santana Row, for those of you who are local), and also visited an Urban Outfitters for the first time.  Two for one!

I would have been in heaven at UO when I was a teenager/young 20-something-er.  Talk about some adorable dresses!  My visit didn't last long, though.

However!

I heard celestial singing when I walked into Anthropologie.  Sigh.  I had found my store.  Same singing I hear every time I walk into Eddie Bauer.

What!?!


Yep, I am an Eddie Bauer/Anthropologie/Phydeaux Designs girl.  I wear a LOT of EB.  They saved me this summer with Keen flip flops and super comfie summer tops.  And I swoon over Anthro - if they carried my size, my closets would be stuffed with those pretty dresses!

My design aesthetic for Phydeaux Designs is what I call "rustic elegance."  Clean lines, functional wear, but with an artisanal feeling.  Sort of French countryside meets California comfort.  I love to make things that will equally go with Eddie Bauer or Anthropologie togs.

And with that in mind, I'm starting a new regular blog feature, pairing Phydeaux Designs originals with outfits from my two favorite shops!  I'm flexible though, and may include other handmade and vintage goodies as well.  :)


I'll start "Rustic Elegance" (that's what I'm calling the new feature!) this weekend!  Hope you'll stop by and let me know what you think!  I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun with this!

Images:  Breakfasting dress; Eddie Bauer leather flip flop; Winter woods wrist cuff

2 comments:

Paolo said...

Hi Brenda,

Glad you like our stuff!

- Paolo, Eddie Bauer

Brenda said...

I loooove your stuff, Paolo! I've lived in Eddie Bauer for now more than 20 years. Yay!