Sunday, September 10, 2006

First day of school

First day of grad school:
  • Tonsillitis
  • Fever
  • Massive headache
  • Up until 2am the night before, writing a paper and a presentation
  • Also up until 2 looking madly for one of my text books so I could do the reading (never did find it)
My presentation STUNK because I was so sick and so wobbly with no voice, and my notes kept fading in and out. Oh well, I think it's only 5% of my grade.

It's an interesting group of people. Two already annoy me: one talks like a valley girl while loudly snacking and rattling her food wrappers, the other just can't stop talking. It always reminds me to watch my own know it all tendencies. Most are very accomplished in their particular fields, which raises the bar.

8am was ugly, and ending at 5pm makes for a LONG day. I was a zombie last night, but drank lots of tea with honey, and my throat's nearly healed today!

YAY!

Prepared food for the week today, did chores, played video games, played with my cats (who loved loved loved it). Now they're both zonked out, and I'm looking forward to an early night.

Hope everyone has a great week! I'm loving the early Fall chill in the air. This is my absolute favorite time of year!

No comments: