Saturday, March 08, 2008

Spring!

Spring has sprung in the California Bay Area! Beautiful, warm, sunny day with a nice crisp in the air now that evening's falling. The girls are mesmerized by the eleventy billion birds hangin' in my back yard. Pix to follow tomorrow!

I've been remiss in blogging, knitting, Etsying this week, simply from too much to do, too little time.

Paper due Monday for class (and tons of reading to do, too). Then one more take home final (aka major paper). New class starts in three weeks, more focused on business and finance. I'm just hanging on to the promise of a few weeks off before our Summer quarter.


Lots of things going at work, wish I could use quantum mechanics to my advantage to get a few more hours squeezed out of every day!

I have knit a few scarves, which will be listed during the weekend, along with gushing words of praise for the lovely and talented spinners of the yarn that I used.

I'm trying to start adding in scarves that require a little more complexity. I love using yarn that knocks you off your feet, so only requires a very simple stitch/style, but I miss lace, cables, baubles, etc. Only problem is that they take more time! I'm plotting out a very fun (hopefully) scarf that will involve twining flowers. I'm hopefully finishing one today that mixes garter with long garter for an open lacy effect, using a pretty cool superwash wool in my Mom's favorite colors (aquas, soft blues, lilacs). I've restarted more than I've finished knitting it, but may actually develop a pattern out of this one, albeit a pretty simple one. I'd love to create patterns that bring doable complexity to beginning knitters.

Again, pix to follow! My apologies for such a text-dense post. I just wanted to say hi to y'all and assuage any potential fears that I fell off the face of the earth.

No comments: