Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Flashbacks ... the good kind

I was SO excited last week to find out that Vogue Knitting had a big pattern sale, $1.99/pattern for most of their library! I happily lost a couple of hours browsing online, putting a few in my cart, then ...

my heart stopped.

Followed by much joyousness!



















Way back when, in the dark ages of the early 90's, I fell in love with a Vogue Knitting cover, despite being at or below the poverty level, and swooped up that issue.

I'd knitted for years, but nothing on the level of THIS.

That cover is right above. Sigh. What a luscious piece of knitted wonderfulness.

I still have that issue, but it's seriously tattered and worn. I think about knitting it now and then (now that I do have the skills to knit it!). 'Twould be just for me. :)

Now if I just had time to knit just for me ....

3 comments:

Ngan {eNVe Designs} said...

The only thing I can knit is a scarf so I'm always in enormous awe when I see anything that complicated!!! I don't think I would have the kind of patience it requires..

btw, thanks for following me on twitter! :) now I get to join in on all the fun you ladies have with your squirrels! hahah

Brenda said...

Oh the squirrels! :D That was a hoot. Yay, I'm glad you joined us!

Valerie said...

Do it! Sometimes you have to make some time for yourself. That is lovely.

(Man, I can barely sew on a button btw...)